Monday, December 22, 2008

Kind of perfect

Pre-Christmas dinner, we went wild at Wegman's. Irma x 50 plus some well stocked veg, cheese, fish, meat, bakery and take-out departments. Lots of organic. Quali, quali.

Scallop ceviche with lime, horseradish and chives. Beef tenderloin - I was in scaloppini mode, but the available veal is raised nastily, so it's on the boycott list. Mushrooms, green beans, potatoes in phyllo packs. And the wine...

From Sparrow's Fine Wines. I wanted a light red with a smell that does the same thing for me as good pinot noir. David, the owner, gave me a bottle of Barbera d'Asti. Montetusa, 1997 from A. Bertelli. Didn't cost much, I would have paid it for the nose. Uhhh, well... Drank it with the tenderloin. Mami. Food and wine heaven with super company with great palates.

No comments: